1. A. what B. watch x C. quality D. water
2. A. reason B. person C. lesson D. common
3. A. coffee B. deed C. knee D. freedom
4. A. house B. south C. soul D. mouth
5. A. accept B. according C. success D. succeed
6.【】 she didn’t like the teacher, she shouldn’t have stayed away from the class.
A. Because B. However
C. Even if D. As
7. A pipeline will be built to【】 some eastern provinces with natural gas from the west of China.
A. send B. supply
C. sell D. offer
8. It【】 light in the evening until about seven o’clock. Then it suddenly got dark.
A. falls B. grows
C. stays D. goes
9. The farmers had to【】 against strong winds all the way home and got tired out.
A. came B. hit
C. push D. struggle
10. The old man told the boy to be careful not to get his finger【】in the window when closing it.
A. hurt B. wounded
C. caught D. cut
11. You are sure to 【】away all the difficulties you will meet with in your job. I believe you.
A. smooth B. take
C. break D. run
12. It took them more【】a whole day to have their house painted. But it was worth the effort.
A. and more B. or less
C. or more D. than that
13. The house is too old and too far away. It isn’t what I expected. I am【】about the old house.
A. unpleased B. unsatisfied
C. unlucky D. unhappy
14. The old gentleman was murdered for his money. The【】was sentenced to death later.
A. doer B. prisoner
C. performer D. murderer
15. Four years later he graduated from the State University. After【】he went to serve in the army.
A. education B. graduation
C. instruction D. permission
16. She has to clean all the【】 in all the in two hours.
A. furniture…bedroom B. furnitures…bedrooms
C. furniture…bedrooms D. furnitures…bedsrooms
17. Foreign language teaching is【】art as well as science.
A. the; the B. an; a
C. an; 不填 D. the; 不填
18. These trees look healthier than 【】along the road.
A. those B. other
C. another D. ones
19. The station is not far. It’s only【】 walk from here.
A. ten minute B. ten-minute
C. ten minutes D. ten minutes’
20. It is believed that the【】you use your brain, the work it is able to do.
A. more…much B. much…more
C. more…more D. much…much
21. A fight broke out among the football fans and soon it went【】control.
A. under B. beyond
C. above D. over
22. “Must I return the book to the library in a week?” “No, you 【】 .”
A. couldn’t B. mustn’t
C. needn’t D. won’t
23. I had a discussion with Mr. Baker and hoped he【】 us an early reply.
A. would give B. give
C. gave D. had given
24. When I 【】 these vegetables, I forgot to put any salt in.
A. cook B. have cooked
C. was cooking D. am cooking
25. We used to go skating in Michigan every winter, but【】for the past five seasons.
A. I don’t go B. I haven’t gone
C. I’m not going D. I didn’t go
26. In those years the cost of living【】 X by nearly 4 percent.
A. went up B. grew up
C. got up D. stood up
27. How much does he【】in his job every week?
A. accept B. pay
C. make D. own
28. They had 【】 that big house for more than forty years.
A. build B. got
C. bought D. owned
29. He said he’d 【】 to come and see you again, but couldn’t.
A. fond B. enjoy
C. love D. wish
30. Mr. Black didn’t 【】 his friends any encouragement to stay there.
A. bring B. do
C. make D. offer【翻页继续练习】