1. A. gave B. save C. have D. wave C
2. A. invent B. eleven C. seven D. heaven A
3. A. home B. come C. some D. love A
4. A. human B. curious C. nucleus D. June D
5. A. fear B. bear C. near D. hear B
6. I am afraid there isn’t 【C】 left for you two in my car. There are already five people in it.
A. many room B. any rooms
C. any room D. many rooms
7. As we know,【C】 most dangerous enemies are those who pretend to be friends.
A.不填;不填 B. the; the
C. the; 不填 D. 不填;the
8. It was at the music hall 【D】 we met each other for the first time.
A. when B. where
C. which D. that
9. I had worn out two pairs of boots on the walking tour. I needed 【C】 one.
A. third B. the third
C. a third D. a second
10. I don’t trust him at all. His smiles always make me 【D】 .
A. feeling sick B. be sick
C. being sick D. sick
11. “Shall I tell Ann the test results?” “No, you【B】 . She’s already got the results.”
A. wouldn’t B. needn’t
C. mustn’t D. shouldn’t
12. Although he promised to change, I’m still wondering when he 【B】 able to put his heart into it.
A. was B. will be
C. be D. were
13. Before anyone could take a photo of the strange-looking bird, it 【B】 away.
A. has flown B. flew
C. was flying D. would fly
14. He’s already gone home. But before he left, he 【A】 all the mistakes in his translation.
A. had corrected B. has corrected
C. corrected D. would correct
15. It remains a question when the new classroom building 【A】 .
A. will be completed B. had been completed
C. would be completed D. has been completed
16. I’m sure that he’ll appreciate the chance 【A】 X to him. He really wants to visit your country.
A. to be given B. is given
C. giving D. to give
17. I remember 【B】 her at the party last week.
A. to meet B. meeting
C. having met D. to have met
18. I got a letter from my sister, 【C】 me that she would visit us next month.
A. tells B. told
C. telling D. to tell
19. Try your best 【B】 you’ll certainly succeed this time.
A. so B. and
C. or D. for
20. Ten days 【A】 long enough for Mr. Carter to finish his design. He doesn’t need any more.
A. is B. has been
C. was D. had been
21. 【A】 ! let’s go out for a walk along the river bank.
A. What a fine day B. What fine day
C. How fine day D. How a fine day
22. Be careful next time, 【C】 ?
A. don’t you B. are you
C. will you D. aren’t you
23. It’s suggested that 【B】 a while before we make a decision.
A. she waited B. she wait
C. she waits D. she will wait
24. 【A】 books you borrow from the library should be returned in two weeks’ time.
A. Whatever B. Which
C. No matter D. What
25. August 15, 1999 is one of the greatest days in his life 【D】 he was accepted by a university.
A. while B. that
C. which D. when
26. His hands 【B】 a little as he took up a pen and began to write.
A. waved B. shook
C. raised D. lifted
27. I feel certain that things will 【D】 with you in no time.
A. remain B. reduce
C. increase D. improve
28. He is 【B】 new honors with each new book he has published.
A. reaching B. winning
C. increasing D. losing
29. The train is 【A】 speed. Things outside are backing away slower and slower.
A. reducing B. having
C. gaining D. increasing
30. We decided to 【A】 our journey until the weather clears.
A. put off B. put forward
C. put away
III. 完形填空 通读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从后面各题所给的四个选项中，选择最佳一项。(每题2分，共40分。)
After I had been waiting there much more than ten minutes, I felt certain I __31C_ have missed the bus. There was only __32A__ thing I could do __33C__ that, I __34D__ just have to walk home. Of course it was entirely my own fault. Lan __35_D_ me the last bus always __36_C_ Little Sutton at ten thirty exactly and it was now ten __37_B_ eleven. It would take me at __38A__ an hour and a half and possibly more to walk to my home in Forest End. But there was _B_39__ moon in the sky and I was quite C__40__ to walking much farther than that. Perhaps I __41D__ not take the short cut through the woods. I might easily lose my __42__C in the darkness.
I was halfway home when I heard a car __43A__ slowly behind me. Could it be my imagination __44_B_ was it actually following me down the hill? Why __45__C should it be making __46A__ slow progress? __47B__ my opinion firm action is better than anxiety so I stood still __48_C_ if I were waiting for it to pass me. It stopped just beside me, the door opened and a man __49D__, who said anxiously, “Have you any __50_D_ where we can get petrol at this time of night? We’ve just run out completely.”
31. A. could B. might C. must D. should
32. A. one B. another C. the other D. other
33. A. for B. of C. about D. on
34. A. will B. shall C. ought D. would
35. A. had said B. tell C. said D. had told
36. A. got B. arrived C. left D. reached at
37. A. pass B. to C. of D. over
38. A. least B. more C. less D. most
39. A. full B. a full C. the full D. full the
40. A. getting B. coming C. used D. use
41. A. had thought B. had felt C. had planned D. had better
42. A. road B. path C. way D. street
43. A. moving B. move C. come D. run
44. A. and B. or C. but D. still
45. A. more B. much C. else D. some
46. A. such B. much C. so D. too
47. A. Of B. In C. About D. For
48. A. even B. like C. as D. seem
49. A. went out B. got away C. got on D. got out
50. A. thought B. massage C. information D. idea
1、C 2、A 3、A 4、D 5、B 6、C 7、C 8、D 9、C 10、D
11、B 12、B 13、B 14、A 15、A 16、A 17、B 18、C 19、B 20、A
21、A 22、C 23、B 24、A 25、D 26、B 27、D 28、B 29、A 30、A
31、C 32、A 33、C 34、D 35、D 36、C 37、B 38、A 39、B 40、C
41、D 42、C 43、A 44、B 45、C 46、A 47、B 48、C 49、D 50、D